Charge faster at home with the high-power JuiceBox 48
JuiceBox 48 is a smart home charging station with a high maximum power output for drivers whose cars accept higher power levels, such as many Tesla models.* The JuiceBox 48 packs 11.5 kilowatts, and automatically adjusts to an EV’s accepted power level for safe, convenient home charging. JuiceBox provides easy, reliable and cost-effective charging to thousands of satisfied EV drivers and is the only line of charging stations that affords both direct user control and smart grid optimization through our software platform, JuiceNet®.
• Charge your vehicle faster with 11.5 kW maximum power output
• Control charging anywhere, anytime via our mobile app and web portal
• Reduce your energy costs by scheduling charging when rates are low
• Select a cleaner electricity mix to reduce your emissions (in applicable geographies)
• Participate in smart grid programs to further lower the cost of owning and driving your EV (in applicable geographies)
|Input Cable||2.5 ft/0.8 m hardwire pigtail|
|Output Cable & Connector||
|EV JuiceNet App||
|Smart Grid Connectivity||Built-in WiFi connectivity (802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz)|
|Emissions Reduction||Available via optional JuiceNet Green software upgrade|
|Warranty||3-year limited product warranty (parts only) for use under normal residential operating conditions|
|Safety||UL and cUL Listed|
|Weight & Dimensions||
|Codes & Standards||
|Made in North America||From domestic & imported parts|
In the package, you will receive:
An Enel X JuiceBox 48, featuring:
- A 40-amp 25-foot charging cable (also known as a J1772 cable)
- A 2.0 ft (0.6 m) input cable with NEMA 14-50 plug, 2.0 ft (0.6 m) input cable with NEMA 6-50 plug, or 2.5 ft (0.8 m) hardwire conduit & wiring
- Full JuiceNet App and online control dashboard to set up and monitor your station
- Installation guide
- Wall mounting bracket
- Security lock with key
Enel X JuiceBox 48 provides high performance charging for EVs with longer range and larger batteries, including many models of Teslas, the Audi e-tron, the Porsche Taycan, and more.
At 48 amps, JuiceBox 48 can typically charge up to nine times faster than Level 1 charging (although charging times can vary based on the acceptance rate of the vehicle). To get the full benefit of 48-amp charging, you will need a 60-amp circuit. Electrical standards require that circuits provide at least 125% of the total draw of devices on the circuit. In some cases, you can use the included smartphone app to adjust the amperage of your JuiceBox. Always consult with a certified electrician when working with high-powered electrical devices.
Enel X JuiceBox 48 is the perfect choice for drivers of Teslas who want to provide their car with maximum power and future proof their EV home charger investment.
Because JuiceBox supports the J1772 connector standards used by all major EV manufacturers for Level 2 EV charging stations in North America, JuiceBox owners can charge a Tesla or any other high-powered EV now, and be ready for all the other EVs that come along. Tesla charging requires a commonly used adapter provided by Tesla.
Yes, a professional electrician is required to install an Enel X JuiceBox 48. Installation can be completed by trained installers and Enel X installation partners. Contact State Electric Sales to learn more.
You will need a WiFi connection to use JuiceBox’s smart charging features, such as power monitoring, scheduling, and reminders. In the absence of WiFi, your JuiceBox will act as a standard charging unit, and any schedules or limits you set when connected to WiFi will remain, even if the JuiceBox is no longer connected to WiFi. We highly recommend connecting your JuiceBox to WiFi, but your car will charge even if you cannot connect.
A JuiceBox home charger with WiFi connectivity allows you to:
- Set charging schedules so that your EV uses cheaper electricity. Many utilities offer Time-of-Use (TOU) rate plans, which make electricity cheaper at certain times of day. By scheduling your EV’s charging to those times when electricity is cheaper, you save money.
- Track your charging history, energy use, and cash saved by driving on electricity, not gas.
- Get reminders to plug in, and notifications that your car has fully charged.
- Set up two (or more) JuiceBox units to share one electrical circuit.
- Become eligible for energy programs in certain utility territories.
Yes, JuiceBox is UL Listed, which means it adheres to the highest safety standards for electric vehicle supply equipment.
State Electric Company lists local incentives and rebates for the greater Michigan area here. You can search the Enel X website for further rebate eligibility in your area or follow up with your vehicle and/or energy provider to inquire more. If you are eligible for a rebate, you will likely need to file appropriate materials with the utility or local organization providing the rebate after purchase.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product for a refund within 30 days of your purchase. Learn more about our return policy here.
We also offer a 3-year limited warranty on residential charging stations. Please note that this warranty is only valid for use under normal residential operating conditions. Using a residential box outside of normal residential operating conditions, such as for commercial application, voids the residential warranty.
You can find the complete online manual under the Manual tab for the specific product you are referencing. This includes installation and WiFi setup instructions. A walkthrough of Enel X smart charging app is available here.
Enel X JuiceBox is a smart, speaker friendly device. Pair your JuiceBox Charger with your Amazon Alexa to control your charging with voice commands.
Enable the Enel X EV Charging skill by searching “JuiceBox” under skills in the Alexa app.
Enel X JuiceBox® 48
- Product Code: Juicebox-48
- Up to 8x Faster Charging Spend less time waiting for your EV to charge and more time enjoying the drive
- Powered by JuiceNet Monitor and schedule charging with intuitive mobile app and web portal to save time and money
- Easy to Use and Install Small, lightweight enclosure; lockable, quick-release mount; weatherproof for indoor/outdoor installation
- Universal Compatibility SAE-J1772TM plug ensures compatibility with all EVs*
- Cleaner Driving Optimize charging times and participate in smart grid programs to reduce emissions; ENERGY STAR®-certified†
- See Charger Status Dynamic LED lights display WiFi connectivity and charging behavior