Assistant Project Manager
This is an hourly position with the range of 10-25$/hr depending on experience, and qualifications with opportunity for advancement.
We are looking for an assistant project manager to be responsible for handling some of our company's ongoing projects specifically in the electric vehicle department. You will work alongside some of our senior staff to be taught and trained for this position, and ultimately go off on your own. You will be working closely with your team members to learn how to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include creating project proposals, submitting project deliverables, working closely with the scheduling team to ensure scheduling is properly setup to meet strict deadlines, running project kick-off meetings to update and handoff jobs to proper parties, create and submit RFP’s.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have the ability to work and collaborate with a team to generate a successful outcome. This is an hourly position with the range of 10-25$/hr depending on experience, and qualifications with opportunity for advancement as your knowledgebase and experience progresses.
Assistant Project Manager Responsibilities
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with clients.
- Managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period from quote to handoff stage.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Provide assistance to Construction Manager & Project Director as needed.
- Generate project proposals, site plans/diagrams as needed.
- Gather all documents & information for a successful job handoff.
- Completing and submitting competitive project bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Work closely with Electrical Estimators to ensure sound proposals and RFP’s.
Assistant Project Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, or related field is advantageous but not required.
- Ability to support projects of various magnitude and see them through to completion as needed.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team or partner-based environment.
- The ability to interpret blueprints or willingness to learn how.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
As a team member at State Electric Company, you’ll enjoy:
- A friendly atmosphere with colleagues who support each other to be the best that they can be.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Company matched retirement plans (401k/IRA).
- Paid time off and major holiday pay